CVA Providers and Traders List
CVATorbay is entering a new phase of direct development of projects which involve service delivery to a range of vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the communities ofTorbay.
We have become aware of real difficulties experienced by some of our clients in securing the services of ethical traders and artisans to help them with their everyday needs.
Whilst we are aware there is a traders register for the elderly we are expressing a need for a much broader sector, e.g. People with learning difficulties, disabled people, those with mental health issues or dementia, single parents, those in recovery from long term illness and many who find accessing mainstream services difficult for a variety of reasons.
We are aware of needs expressed for many different services from plumbers and electricians to locksmiths, chiropodists, hairdressers, carpet cleaners, decorators etc.
We are an organisation able to co-ordinate training support for traders working with some of these clients, to ensure they are able to offer their services in a sympathetic and supportive manner, that recognises the vulnerability of these groups of people.
We are an organisation able to provide independent volunteers to be on site when the chosen trader is giving estimates and when the scheduled work is to be carried out. The role of the volunteer is twofold, to support the vulnerable person and to act as an intermediary between the client and the trader.
We are an organisation with a website, http://www.torcom.org.uk/home which has an average hit rate of 2500 hits per day.
We are shortly to launch a major innovative addition to our website known as Torbuy, which will become a main focus for local e commerce and a potential directory for ethical service providers.
What you will need to do:
- Provide three Performance references for jobs completed within the last twelve months.
- Provide one financial reference from Bank/Building Society or Accountant
- Possess appropriate trade certification for all work requiring qualified traders e.g. Gas safe/electricians etc.
- Provide a copy of current Public Liability Insurance
- Sign and conform to the CVA Service Provider Code of Conduct (NB: We are not a certifying organisation and will not be making recommendations for the quality of work provided)
- Willingness to give priority to vulnerable clients
- Provide a transparent cost structure e.g. Call out Fees, labour and parts costs, travel costs where relevant etc
- Accept follow up feedback checks on quality of service and workmanship from clients who have been given your details
What we will do:
- Add your Name and or Organisation and contact details with brief description of services provided to our CVATRADER list
- Advertise the existence of that list on our CVATorcom website and in our newsletters.
- Publicise this new service by poster and leaflet drop around the Bay
- Provide answering service 5 days per week between 9am and 5pm
- Provide your details as one of three providers for each call unless the call is for specifically identified repeat business.
- Inform you how many times we have given your details out
- Make sure your details are given out as often as other similar traders on our list
- Provide personal mediation and negotiation to support vulnerable clients and visiting traders
What will it cost:
A Corporate Annual membership fee of just £100 (Pro rata for month of joining, £120 if paid in two 6 monthly instalments) will ensure you are part of a valuable new and ethical service to the more vulnerable people in our community. Something, which will be valued by the clients and their families and friends, and help secure your business for the future.
Who to contact :
Christine Gibbon on 01803 212638 or firstname.lastname@example.org