Want to find out more about Social Enterprise and Business Start up? Have an idea and want to get started? Need help to expand?
Whether you are starting up an existing social enterprise or looking to integrate social enterprise into your services, we can help.
In partnership with Peninsula Enterprise who offer Social Enterprise Focus you can get the following:
Face to face help from an adviser.
Information and Support on forming a Social Enterprise, planning,marketing,finance and other key topics
Events workshops and networking opportunities.
Come to a free workshop to find out more. T: 0845 6022 558 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also offer dedicated local support and advice at the following rates:
Funding Enquiries from VCS organisations(Members of CVA Torbay) -£20-00 per hour, payable in advance.
Pre-selected funding information packs £7-50.
Commercial/Statutory organisations- £40-00 per hour.
£7-50 per item when contact name and address only required.
Commissioned work, including in depth fundraising work-£30-00 per hour.
Governing Documents and Charity Registration.
Governing Documents: checking and minor amendments or development of bespoke governing documents:
VCS(Members of CVA Torbay) -£20-00 per hour
Commercial/statutory organisations:£40-00 per hour.
Charity/Charitable Company Ltd by guarantee registrations VCS-£20-00.
Commercial/Statutory organisations:£40-00 per hour.
Torbay Social Enterprise Network
A new network is being created to bring a new and dynamic approach to economic activity in Torbay. This is user led and promises to work with and for its own members. It will be a member organisation. Some of the considerations for its aims and purpose are to be decided upon in the next few weeks but will probably be drawn from the following examples elsewhere.
What does the network do?
- Provide a forum for discussion at quarterly meetings
- Share information via email bulletins
- Maintain a website that is engaging and relevant to members of the Network
- Promote the Network, and its work, to other stakeholders.
- Facilitate other ways of sharing information such as social networking websites
- Host an annual showcase event/awards ceremony/trade fair
- Facilitate development of commercial opportunities amongst the social enterprise sector
- Enable more collaborative working
- Encourage learning and sharing of expertise
What are the benefits?
For the Network to be successful, members would be seeking the following benefits:
- Commerce – The Network would act as a marketplace increasing commercial opportunities amongst social enterprises themselves. It would highlight other business opportunities both in and outside of Torbay.
- Communications – The Network would provide a forum to share information and news about the sector and individual businesses. It would increase networking opportunities and provide a platform for debate about key issues identified by the members.
- Representation – The Network may play an important lobbying role by representing and promoting the social enterprise sector in Torbay.
- Collaboration – The Network will facilitate sharing of resources amongst social enterprises more effectively and provide opportunities for joint working and development of informal and formal partnerships.
- Learning – The Network will enable learning form others from with the sector and public, voluntary or private sectors. It will engage relevant speakers on issues requested by the members. It will provide a forum for sharing expertise and insight.
The above are just examples and must not be taken at this stage as confirmed. They do however identify potential opportunities and we will keep you updated as to progress in coming weeks. Some of you who have expressed an interest in being involved will next be receiving personal invites to a focus group meeting in late May to debate what the network should look like in Torbay and how we bring it to life in a sustainable way.